5 Most FAQ on Architectural Tubing Answered
1. What is Architectural Tubing?
Architectural tubing is a support structure for a building. It provides:
- Structural support
- Aesthetic appeal
- A clean finished look incorporated into the building’s structure
2. What is the Difference between Architectural and Decorative Tubing?
Architectural tubing provides structural support to the building inside and out. Decorative tubing is used mostly indoors to add a variation of colours, patterns and textures that serve as ornamental additions. Decorative tubing is used for:
- Curtain railings
- Sturdy table legs
- Towel racks
3. What is Architectural Tubing used for?
As additional support to a structure, architectural tubing lends itself to many areas of building both residential and commercial spaces. Architectural tubing can be used for:
- High traffic staircases
- High traffic walkways
- Glass balustrades
- Frameless glass balustrades
- Glass balustrades that are durable in coastal conditions, like that of Cape Town.
4. What Decorative Options are available for Architectural Tubing?
Architectural tubing that has been made with PVD (Physical Vapour Deposition) vacuum technology is strong, thanks to the stainless steel basis and the arc ion titanium plating. This allows for its application in architecture. Decorative options are available to be paired with the architectural integrity of tubing.
Available in a variety of colours:
Available in a variety of shapes:
Available in a variety of finishes:
- Polished; high glossy shine finish
- Plain; a slightly matter finish
- Hair Line; a textured finished with the use of thin lines
5. What is the Easiest Way to Install Architectural Tubing?
The easiest and most revolutionary way to install architectural tubing is to order them made to your specifications online. Cross my heart, it’s the truth.
You can get SABS tested and approved architectural tubing delivered to your door in a box. You can have it installed for you, but it is just as easy to do it yourself. All you will need is:
- A drill with appropriate drill bit
- A post level
- An Allen key
- A spanner
- A marker
It really is that simple. Email your measurements, receive a quote and the parts will be delivered to you within 42 hours. With this and a little know your balustrade will be installed in no time. See how easily a glass balustrade kit with a top rail is to install in this video.